…poet Aaron Shurin considers the question “What is prosody?” in light of the current movement away from meter and traditional forms. Shurin looks at what new elements are at work in contemporary poetry, such as collage and sonic play, referencing both classical and current models, from Homer and Shakespeare to Denise Levertov, Robert Creeley, Michel Palmer and Lisa Jarnot. Shurin explores some of the ways in which poetic craft continues to make meaning in contemporary poetry.
Learn about my books, including my debut book of poems!
- Three of the biggest (gay) poets! Bidart, Phillips, Gonzalez--The 10 Best Poetry Books of 2013 slate.com/articles/arts/… via @slate 19 hours ago
- businessinsider.com/english-has-a-… via @bi_contributors 1 week ago
- Photo: bgsqd: Back in stock: Angelo Nikolopoulos’s Obscenely Yours and Eduardo Corral’s Slow Lightning. New... tmblr.co/Z8m31y-4TkwZ 1 week ago
- Review: The Poetry of Jack Spicer By Daniel Katz disq.us/8g9ldy 2 weeks ago
- The Marriage of Granite and Rainbow: A Biography of Robert Duncan | Boston Review bostonreview.net/poetry/brian-t… 2 weeks ago
- glbtq >> Special Features >> The Interview as Cruising Ground - In an essay prompted by the publication of... tmblr.co/Z8m31yzgfkca 4 weeks ago
- Why we need an LGBT book award gu.com/p/3k6jq/tw via @guardian 4 weeks ago
- "The Interview as Cruising Ground" glbtq.com/sfeatures/henn… #talkingpoetry #gay 4 weeks ago
- @rmharris Thanks for the shout-out, Reggie! 4 weeks ago
- What Comes Before Gay? Two Boys and the Limitations of Gay Identity slate.com/blogs/outward/… via @slate 1 month ago
One of my intersections