…poet Aaron Shurin considers the question “What is prosody?” in light of the current movement away from meter and traditional forms. Shurin looks at what new elements are at work in contemporary poetry, such as collage and sonic play, referencing both classical and current models, from Homer and Shakespeare to Denise Levertov, Robert Creeley, Michel Palmer and Lisa Jarnot. Shurin explores some of the ways in which poetic craft continues to make meaning in contemporary poetry.
Learn about my books, including my debut book of poems!
- @starringjudith hehehe! Well, I need a pic for that to happen. ;-) 1 week ago
- I've been working on an author page! bit.ly/1bvVZX2 1 week ago
- Beat History Traced in Two Biographies - Jim Nawrocki reviews Michael Rumaker's Robert Duncan in San Francisc… tmblr.co/Z8m31ymuYJgH 1 week ago
- @stephenscott22 Thanks for the RT. And of course congrats to you. 1 week ago
- Will you help me spread the word about a writing seminar I'm teaching called the Personal is Poetic? Please RT link: bit.ly/113XTJQ 1 week ago
- What poets do you love who write 'autobiographical' poems or poems equal parts accessibility and surprise/innovation? #personalispoetic 4 weeks ago
- @remhq Long-time fan, I wrote this to honor the way in which your songs have inspired me. coldfrontmag.com/news/song-of-t… 1 month ago
- Tell @DCComics that #Superman stands for justice, not anti-#lgbt hate. Sign now: allout.org/dccomics-osc 3 months ago
- LOVE Woolf! Want to read this! "Shape shifter: The joyous transgressions of Virginia Woolf’s Orlando" newstatesman.com/culture/cultur… 3 months ago
- Readings! wp.me/sLcPN-readings 4 months ago
One of my intersections